Courrier International Type Weekly newspaper
Owner Groupe Le Monde
Editor Philippe Thureau-Dangin
Political allegiance Centre-left/Centre
Courrier International is a Paris-based French weekly newspaper which translates and publishes excerpts of articles from over 900 international newspapers.
The newspaper has a Portuguese and a Japanese edition. Courrier Japon was launched on November 17, 2005 and is published by Kodansha Limited.
* December 16: it was announced that Canal Plus would merge with TPS, France's second largest Pay-TV provider. If the €5 billion (US$5.9bn; £3.4bn) tie-up is approved, VU will own 85% of the combined entity.
* January 17: Vivendi SA announced that it will end its American Depositary Receipt program and its listing on the New York Stock Exchange by the end of quarter 2 2006, due to lowered trading volume on its shares and high costs. 
* April 20: Vivendi announced that shareholders approved a name change. It dropped the "Universal" from its name and will now be known simply as "Vivendi". A new corporate logo was simultaneously unveiled.
* August: Vivendi signed a deal with Spiralfrog to distribute Vivendi's songs online in the United States and Canada.
* September 8: Vivendi announced that Sierra Entertainment, a division of its Vivendi Games group would be publishing the new game for Double Fine Productions, later revealed to be Brütal Legend.
* September: Vivendi has announced to buy BMG Music Publishing, the daughter company of German media conglomerate Bertelsmann for €1.63 billion (US$2.1bn).
* December 2: Vivendi announced that their subdivision Vivendi Games would be merging Activision to form Activision Blizzard. Vivendi will be the major shareholder in this merger holding a 52% to 48% (pending results of the tender offer) stake of the newly formed company.
* July 9: Activision Blizzard merger closes for $18.9 billion. Vivendi is majority stockholder, with 52% stake.
On Thursday, June 14, 2007, NBCU announced that NBC Universal Television Studio would be renamed, effective immediately, to Universal Media Studios. The parent company, NBC Universal, explained that the reason for the name change of NBC Universal Television Studio was because "the new name fully describes the company's mission to be the premier content provider for television and digital platforms, spanning all television dayparts and creative genres." 
On October 9, 2007 NBC Universal bought the Oxygen network .
In late 2007, NBC Universal bought Sparrowhawk Media Group and renamed it NBC Universal Global Networks. This acquisition gave NBC Universal all Hallmark channels outside the United States, plus the British channels: Diva TV, Movies 24, Hallmark Channel and the upcoming channel, KidsCo.
On July 6, 2008 NBC Universal, Blackstone Group and Bain Capital announced their intentions to buy The Weather Channel from Landmark Communications. The deal was closed on September 12, 2008. In August 2008 it marked its first venture into the United Kingdom by acquiring Carnival Films.
It is finished
Πριν από 6 χρόνια